Thursday, May 02, 2013

Busy Bee

I have been as busy as a bee and i loved every moment 
Back in the sewing room after a long hard few months of  lambing
I have missed my sewing so much
I made two quilts this week! yes 2 you did read it correctly but they are small ones

I made this orange & brown on first out of a Moda scrap bag
I am quilt new to quilting so keep it simple


Then I was reading my lovely friend Terry s blog and was inspired by her Blue & white quilt
Made from nine block patches.
I was always nervous of trying something like this but after looking at Terry s quilt in two colors it sort of hit me how it was put together so with a little advice from Terry I went fabric shopping for two colors of fabric to use in the quilt,

Well as you can see I was seduced by the array of fabrics on offer & chose
Moda Paris flea market  for the patterned fabric & a cream sort of paisley shadow pattern for the rest of the squares & the back





I also loved the way the quilt took on that loved look after it was laundered so saddled with a color catcher sachet & a little washing powder I nervously pushed my quilt into the washer
and washed it
here it is drying in the sun yes the sun it is a rare site but the day has been wonderful!
Thank you terry you are now my quilting Angel
you inspire me every time I look at your blog


and I forgot to mention my youngest son was 16 yesterday
My sweet baby boy where did the years go
Happy Birthday
Here he is with big sis age 3
 Age 8


1 comment:

  1. Your finished quilt looks fabulous Pam! I'm so happy and humbled that I could inspire you! :0)

    ReplyDelete